I am finally in Madrid! I got here Monday the 22nd and it's been crazy ever since. Monday I got to see Quique for the first time in 3 1/2 months which was awesome! It's such a relief being here and not worrying about when I have to leave. Monday night I met up with my potential roommates Blair and Eimear. We've been searching for apartments the last few days and it has been HARD. Apartments are hard to find, believe it or not. When you see a place in the paper you like it's either A) already rented B) the owners want a deposit of six months or c) has some seriously teeny rooms otherwise known as closets. I may just try and rent a room, but I've heard that is hard as well. I keep telling myself that in one month I'll be settled and I won't be running around like a chicken with my head cut off! Even with all that stress I'm still having a great time getting to know the city of Madrid. I've met some of Quique's friends and roommates and they are all really nice and a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to when everything settles down.
On a different note, everyone please feel free to write comments on my blog. Otherwise, I'm not sure if anyone reads it and I feel like I'm writing to no one haha. I miss you all!
Snow Day 2014
12 years ago

If I fail my Physics test, it's because of you.
ReplyDeleteWe are going to miss you at Kickball tonight! We will have to let you know if we finally get a win. :) Have fun finding an apartment!
ReplyDeleteWow. I feel worldly simply knowing someone who lives in another country. Sounds like you have a lot of adventure ahead of you. Vacation in Spain? Hmmmmm. Sure, we can come and you can babysit your cousins!
ReplyDeleteI sent your link to a lot of people so hopefully you will hear from them all.
ReplyDeletei read it! i forgot about it for a while, but randomly thought to check it tonight. hooray, you made it!
ReplyDelete