
I've been telling myself for the past MONTH that I need to update my blog and I am finally making myself do it today! Lilia and I arrived to the U.S. on June 30th where my dad and siblings met Lilia for the first time. At first Lilia just stared at everyone trying to take in all the new faces. Since then she has gotten comfortable with everybody and is having a great time!
She was great on the flight over here! We first took a 2 1/2 hour flight from Madrid to London where she sat on my lap. The 15 year old girl next to us on the flight was nice at first while Lilia tried to grab her purse/leg/hair. After awhile Lilia started staring at the girl (her favorite thing to do with strangers) until the girl felt so uncomfortable that she turned her back to us. Gotta work on those social skills. She slept most of the time during our layover in London. The flight from London to Atlanta was 9 1/2 hours!! We sat next to the bathroom so she enjoyed staring and playing with all the people waiting in line. Even though she did great I was glad when we finally landed in Atlanta and my dad picked us up.
As you can see from the video she is now crawling! She started out by scooting, then getting on her hands and knees and rocking back and forth, and finally picking up those hands and feet and getting them coordinated to crawl. She gets faster and faster every day and I go crazier and crazier trying to run after her. I really need a play pen! I think I'm going to lose the last few pounds of pregnancy weight from chasing after her all the time.
Because it took me forever to write this since her 7th month I can't remember all the little milestones except that she weighed 16.5 pounds and was 26 inches and of course that she flew for the first time. She also learned how to sit up all on her own for long periods of time!
My parents love having her here and I love having so many babysitters around me between my sister, mom, and my cousins. Robbie tries to act like he's too macho for babies and the next minute I turn around and he's baby talking to her. James loves to play with her too and always makes a point to spend some time with her when he gets home from work. Helena, Nicole, and Mary Kay (cousins) are always asking when Lilia is coming to visit even if she's just left their house. It's great being surrounded by family and friends!
This past Wednesday Lilia and I went to a Mommy Group with some old high school friends. We had an excellent time eating fondue (me, not Lilia!) and playing with other babies (a first for Lilia). I think she was more interested in playing with the toys than with the other babies. Again, we'll have to work on those social skills!
Alright so I think I owe you some videos and pictures! Here's a video of my dad with Lilia. Not sure who's having more fun!





You look great Christina! We both look so young to have babies, but make great mamas. Hope your stay in the US has been fun. So sorry that we can't make it to the wedding. You're in our thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDelete