On June 5th Lilia turned 6 months old! My baby is half a year old! Time really does fly. Here are some highlights and milestones for this month:
- Lilia is rolling from tummy to back and back to tummy
- She sits up well if someone is supporting her, but can't do it on her own yet
- She weighs 7 kilos or 15lbs 6oz (25th percentile) and is 65 cm or 25.5 in. long (50th percentile)
- She no longer does her high pitched dog screech. It's now a full out tarzan wail. Every time she wakes up in the morning or from a nap she does the tarzan. Maybe she's just talking to the ceiling.
- She has been eating solids for a month and a half now. She has eaten apples, pears, bananas, nectarines, watermelon, peas, and carrots. She has a weird reaction to apples and nectarines (welts and spots under her left eye). She loves bananas. She doesn't like any food when she first tries it, but after awhile when she's gotten used to the taste and texture she'll eat a little bit.
- After a month of feeding her in her swing we now have a high chair...and she does not like it. I think all the straps plus the tray make her feel cramped. She now never wants to eat what I give her in the chair. At least from this picture you can't tell she doesn't like it!
- Lilia loves her spoon. She loves it so much in fact that when I try to put food in her mouth she grabs it from me and continues to chew on it. It's her favorite teething toy.
- She loves to blow with her lips now. She learned this is a great technique for spitting all the food back out that I put in her mouth.
- She can hold something in one hand and switch it to the other.
- She cannot get on a schedule at night! Some nights she'll sleep 13 hours straight (oh glorious, glorious sleep). Other nights she'll wake up 1,2, or even 3 times a night. Imagine the tarzan wail at 3 a.m...
- Her eating schedule is: breakfast: breastfeed and cereal, lunch: vegetable (and now we can start mixing with chicken) and breastfeed, snack: fruit and breastfeed, dinner: breastfeed and cereal.
- She loves strangers. Seeing new faces really entertains and distracts her. I love this because I know when we go back to the U.S. in two weeks she won't be dealing with any stranger anxiety from all the new faces!
- She has learned to put her foot in her mouth and then suck on her toes. It's so weird and entertaining at the same time.
- She LOVES attention.
- This month we've been to the mountains and the park with friends and to the beach to visit family. She is an excellent traveler because the car puts her right to sleep.
- She likes to say dadadada and yayaya
- She has HUGE, ABSOLUTELY HUGE thighs. She has earned the nickname "jamones" (hams) because her legs look like the ham legs here in Spain: http://delariberanavarra.com/images/jreserva.jpg She has also been called "pepona" after a chubby doll that was very popular in Spain awhile ago: http://s3.postimage.org/Pq4h7oJ.jpg
- Finally, she has learned to belly laugh and I love it. Is there anything cuter than a baby laughing?

Here's a video of her with just a diaper. You can see those legs and the foot in mouth I was talking about earlier. This was the day we left for the beach about two weeks ago:

Finally!!! She doesn't have huge thighs but she does look cute and still so tiny. I can't wait for you guys to get here in 2 weeks.
ReplyDeleteShe's waving her arms like a little "Georgia" of the Jungle!! SO CUTE. I'm dying here.
ReplyDeleteP.S. You have a beautiful family c:
Love the family portraits!
I WANT A ViDEO OF THE TARZAN YELL!!!PS. iiM SERi0US. iM G0iNG T0 C0NSUME Y0UR BABYYYY =]
ReplyDelete