Life does not get boring with this little one around. Lilia is going through a growth spurt lately. It's incredible how she can look bigger from one day to the next. Though I continue to be amazed that she can gain any weight when she releases the full fury of her bodily fluids on her mother. I have been peed on, pooped on, and spit up on (do not play "tummy time" after a baby has eaten). I only thought the "fountains" occurred with little boys and I can tell you I have found poop IN HER ARMPITS more than once. Of course to top it all off my graceful little girl likes to do what Quique and I call "morning farts". In the morning Lilia wakes up by doing big stretches. She arches her back, stretches her arms over her head, pulls in her feet...and BAM, big fart. You'd think she was a forty year-old man.
Anyways, enough with the poop talk. Right now she is eating so much. We have a doctor's appointment to check her weight again, but I' m pretty sure she's growing right on schedule because of her sudden growth spurt. I finally got my breast pump in the mail and that machine is awesome (even if I do feel like a cow). I can now give Lilia a supplement of my milk instead of formula which makes me feel a lot better.
Operation Bikini continues as I try to avoid the temptation of chocolates and sweets in the effort of losing the baby weight. 9 more pounds to go before pre-pregnancy weight! In the end though it's more like Operation Tankini because I did not escape pregnancy without lots of stretch marks. Oh well, babies are worth it!
Quique and I are gearing up for the wedding. Just yesterday we went to visit Quique's aunts and uncles in Sevilla to discuss their plans for what they would do when they came over for the wedding. They're thinking of a New York trip or maybe a Savannah trip. We keep telling them (and you guys) that we're going to give you the wedding web site, but it's taking so long to finish especially since I have to write it and then Quique translates it. It will get done!
In the "About Me" section on the left of the page I left instructions on how to write a comment. I love hearing from people and seeing who reads the blog so please write! And to wrap it up, I bring you some pictures:
Snow Day 2014
12 years ago

I love the pooo talk. By the way there is no age restriction on how loud you fart. I learned/heard this one from Ed DeSimone at work yesterday, the fan in the bathroom is also known as the "fart fan". Lilia does look really cute. I like the picture of her smiling. She looks like she's smiling. In other pictures I wasn't sure if the smile wasn't from gas. :)
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures! Maria's favorite was the one with the toy on Lilia's nose. She's sure that Quique must have taken that one. (Not sure what that says about Dave, that she figures it had to be the Dad!)
ReplyDeleteThe picture of Lilia stretching her arms up above her head reminds me of Notre Dame's Touchdown Jesus!
ReplyDeletechristina i usually keep i touch via facebook bu just read your updates and i cannot waitttt to meet lilia! im gonna eat her. you made one beautiful babyyy!! (ok you helped a little quique ;-]) is it aug yet!??!
ReplyDeleteAunt Michele it was actually me who put the teething ring on her face although Quique has his funny moments with her too! Tori and Daddy she's looking forward to seeing you both too!
ReplyDelete