I've been trying to stay busy preparing for her to get here. I've washed all the blankets, clothes, and those teeny little socks! We're still getting the room ready, but so far it's painted and we've set up the bassinett and clothes in the closet. This weekend we're going to paint a border and set up the curtains. I was on a mission to set up the carseat this weekend so now we've got the little seat in the back. Every time I get in the car I'm like, "What's that?" It takes me a second to register. I talked to the priest at our church and we've set up a meeting to discuss the baptism (dates, etc.). I've also been researching daycare centers for when I go back to work. There's a lot right by our house including some schools that go all the way through 6th grade. I've thought about applying to teach at some of these schools starting in March or next year. Not sure if it will work, but it would be so convenient! In the next week Quique and I are also going to go to the American Embassy to find out how to get her a social security number and passport. Today at 6 I've also got a birthing class which I'm looking forward to. It will all be in Spanish though so it should be interesting! Finally, I'm in the middle of packing our hospital bag. I've got the going home outfit all picked out which was so fun! So many things to do!!
So now I am left to wait...and wait. We STILL do not have a name for this little one because every free moment we get we just want to crash from exhaustion! We have written some names down though so she won't be nameless! I'm attaching some pictures of my belly in case some of you haven't seen the pictures on facebook. The first is me at 31 weeks, the second is 36 weeks, and the third is 17 weeks (back when I had cheek bones). Keep me updated

I always liked being pregnant, because whenever I had to go somewhere or do something, baby came along willingly: no diaper bag to pack, so nap to interrupt, etc. And I liked having an excuse for the belly -- for those short periods of my life I didn't have to try to suck it in! Enjoy. But almost 7 pounds already? Don't they say the baby gains about a pound a week at this point? Going for a 9 pounder, are you? Nicole was 9'3". Let's see if you can top that!
ReplyDeleteI will let Nicole win! I do not want to birth a 9 lb baby!
ReplyDelete