Monday, October 26, 2009

Baby and Apartment Update

6 more weeks (or less) until the baby gets here! I can't wait! My doctors appointments have been going really well. It seems like I have them every two weeks. We recently switched hospitals because we found one that was a lot nicer and closer to home. The baby weighs about 4 lbs. 8 oz. right now which is average and she is perfect. Everything else (amniotic fluid, placenta) looked fine too in the ultrasound so so far smooth sailing. She is head down now, but not yet in the proper position for being born. She is also a kicker! She kicks my ribs a lot now. Sometimes I feel so weird because I'll be having a conversation with my students and my belly will be shifting so much I can't focus! She also gets hiccups a lot which feel like little spasms in my stomach. We still haven't decided definitely on a name, but November 1st is the day we decided we HAVE to know for sure. I want my baby to be born with a name!

I thought I might have a problem with my sugar a few weeks ago because my glucose test for gestational diabetes was slightly high. The second test involved me drinking a bottle of glucose lemony syrup and having my blood drawn four times in three hours. I went early in the morning because you have to fast before the test. Twenty minutes before the end of the test I started burning up so I walked out into the hallway of the hospital to get some fresh air. Apparently that was a bad idea because I ended up clinging to Quique to keep from passing out and then I threw up all over the hallway. Thank goodness I hadn't eaten anything but glucose syrup!! The heat and lack of food just got to me, but in the end the results of the test showed that while my sugars were borderline, they weren't high enough to be gestational diabetes. I just have to watch my diet now (no more spoonfuls of marshmallow fluff, dangit!).

We recently moved into an apartment a week ago and it has been a whirlwind ever since. The apartment is two bedroom with a large living room and kitchen. It's really bright and cheerful with lots of light throughout the day. We have a small park across the street too. Quique's dad, Enrique, has visited once to help us decorate (he's really good at it!). He's coming again this week to help us finish up. We're trying to do everything as fast as we can so we can concentrate on birthing classes, baptism classes, and researching daycare facilities in November. I really like planning out how I want the baby's room. We're going to paint it lilac. I'll put pictures up as soon as we have it finished!

I can't wait for our little baby to get here! The waiting is the hardest part! Not only do I want to see her, but I am counting down the days until I'm no longer pregnant!! It's so uncomfortable especially with being on my feet all day. I'm super excited because my Aunt Michele and Uncle Dave just had their little baby girl, Julia! I'm excited that our daughters will eventually be playmates.

Keep me updated on your lives. I wish I could be near everyone! I miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment