Wednesday, October 22, 2008

2 words...

Food Poisoning.

Oh yes, I had the great pleasure of getting food poisoning last Thursday. Let´s start from the beginning...

Wednesday morning Quique went to El Puerto de Santa Maria (his home that´s about a 7-hour drive from Madrid). That night I went out with his roommate and some of our friends to a restaurant and had a delicious dinner of bacon, eggs, and croquetas (fried balls of cream and bacon...yum). The next morning I woke up excited to travel down to El Puerto also after I finished with work. Halfway on my way to work I started to feel sick and by the time I got to school I realized there was no way I could teach. I told the principal and the two teachers I worked with and set out on my way home. I take the metro to and from work and it´s about an hour commute. I got so sick I couldn´t even be on the metro anymore so I got out after about three stops and sat out on a bench at a big intersection. Because Quique wasn´t in Madrid I had to call him to call his roommate and see if his roommate could pick me up. I must´ve caused a scene sitting on the bench in the middle of the street and continuously walking towards the bushes. I´ll save you all the details, but it wasn´t pretty and I felt like everyone was staring at me. I´m pretty sure I must´ve ate some bad eggs or something because I´ve never felt so sick in my life. After an hour of gracing the bushes with my presence I was picked up by Angel, Quique´s roommate, and immediately taken home where I slept about 6 hours before catching the train to El Puerto. Needless to say that was one of my more interesting days here and one I hope I NEVER have to repeat! I feel better now, but I´ll never forget the experience haha.

2 comments:

  1. Hey kiddo. Sorry to hear you got food poisining. I remember when Uncle Rick had it and it wasn't very pleasant. Your mom left for Indianapolis yesterday for Aunt Mary Rita's birthday bash and should be back today (Wed 10/22/08). Nothing new here but I am glad to hear you now have an apartment. Please post some pictures and send us your mailing address so we can send letters or postcards.

    ReplyDelete