Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Back in the U.S.A.

Lilia are I are back in the U.S. for summer vacation. We arrived June 24 and won't be leaving until September 1 so we have a nice long vacation ahead of us. We've been up to lots of things lately!
Some of the family at my and Jamie's Hawaiian luau themed birthday.

The past two weekends we have gone out to Lake Sinclair in Milledgeville and it has been a blast! We've gone boating and tubing and have been enjoying the hot Georgia sun. This weekend we're headed off to Uncle Dave and Aunt Michele's house in Charlotte, NC. I'm excited for Lilia and her cousin Julia to play together for the first time since last year. I can't wait until they get old enough to actually looking forward to seeing one another!
Lilia all ready to go on the lake.

Lilia asleep on the boat.

Mother daughter matching toenails!

Lilia and her cousins passed out in the van coming back to Atlanta.

Lilia has enjoyed hanging out with her grandparents as well! I'm happy to be home and have some free babysitting! haha. We spend most of our days relaxing and hanging out and it's a nice change of pace from the busy and hectic Madrid life. Although Lilia misses her daddy and I miss Quique too. His work schedule has been really crazy this year and we're about 90% sure he's not going to make it this year to the U.S. :(

Lilia has been getting so big. She's actually got a little bit of hair now. The weird thing is her hair is curly. If you have seen my hair you'd know why curly hair is weird on Lilia. I have stick straight hair that could never hold a curl. I guess she gets it from Quique. She's walking and running all over the place and feeding herself "big people" food. She's saying a lot of new words which is so fun to hear. I think the first word she actually understood was "no". Now she says all sorts of things! In Spanish she says "agua" for water, "hola", and "wawa" for dog (children in Spain say "wow wow" for the sound a dog makes so lots of kids call dogs wawa). She also says "shoes", "bye bye", "night night," "caca" for cracker, and "ma" for mas or more (mas is more in Spanish), not sure which. I know I'm forgetting a few, but they're not coming to me now.
Lilia is a mommy's girl all the way. She is my shadow everywhere I go. She can be completely distracted by playing with a toy and the second I walk out of the room she'll drop whatever she's doing and follow me. If I'm on the computer she will crawl into my lap, turn around, and face me. If I'm cooking dinner she will cling to my legs until I pick her up. Sometimes it's frustrating, but it's also cute that she wants me.

She is developing QUITE the personality as well. I think the terrible two's may start early with this one. She used to be great in the car, but on our last few drives to Milledgeville the last half hour is unbearable. She cries and cries and gets so angry. Last time we were driving back to Atlanta I gave her a water bottle when she was upset. Instead of drinking out of it she crushed it with her hands then dried to rip the top off with her teeth. Lilia's cousins affectionately called her "baby-zilla"! She was so mad! She has also gotten really picky with her eating and her independence with eating. Now if I try to spoon anything in her mouth she will refuse. She has to do it herself. When she doesn't want what I put on her plate she will throw it off and say, "No!" All in all though she is still a sweet baby. She gives kisses all the time and likes to put her head in my lap. I will try to remember those times when we make our 4 hour drive to Charlotte...

1 comment: