Lilia turned 2 months on February 5th! It seems so strange that it's already been two months since she was born. She's already starting to wear some of her 3 month outfits and it's fun to finally get her into some new clothes although when I put her newborn clothes away I start to think, "My baby's growing up!!!"
She's getting so strong too. She can now hold her head up at a 90 degree angle when she's on her tummy. On Monday she learned how to roll over!! I thought it was just an accident, but now she does it every time I put her on her stomach. I'm going to have a hard time teaching her to crawl if she always wants to roll to her back! She's been cooing for awhile and now we have "conversations" where she coos and then I make a noise back. My favorite times are when she's just finished eating and happy and we have our little conversations.
On Saturday, February 6th we had her baptism. It was excellent. It was a private baptism at the church Quique and I go to. It's the only English-speaking church in Madrid and the American priest, Fr. Ron, did the baptism. Quique's immediate and extended family came and since they don't speak English the majority of the baptism was in Spanish. He said he didn't want to lecture during the baptism so he did a sort of Q&A about different aspects of baptism and the other sacraments. It was such a great event and I wish all of you could have been there as well!
After the baptism we had a little luncheon at our apartment. We had some excellent tapas and cake and of course lots and lots of alcohol. The Spanish like their cheese and alcohol...but of course you'll all learn that at the wedding!
This picture says: "Take this hat off or I'll punch you!"

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI love the 2 month picture of Lilia. Promise me you will do this forever. I always thought of doing it with you and your brothers and sister just to see the change as you grow older. The comparison of the newborn, 1 month and then the 2 month is incredible.
ReplyDelete